This free placement test is a way for us to better understand your strengths and needs, so as to recommend the course best adapted to your current level. This is one of the many ways we will help make your language learning experience with us truly successful and enjoyable.
This written test takes about 10 minutes to complete and is in 2 parts. You will then find here:
- An initial self-assessment where you let us know what skills you can manage in French
- A quick written test corresponding to the skill-level outlined by your self-assessment
Once you have completed the written test, you will be offered the option to send your production to yourself and/or the Alliance chapter of your choice in Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the Philippines or USA.
In order to ensure a more accurate placement, this placement test will be followed by a quick interview with a French instructor who will recommend a class.
Recognizing the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) as a solid ground for understanding French as a Foreign Language teaching, learning and assessment, the AF FRAMES project adapts the CEFR philosophy and components to the English-speaking learners’ needs.
By participating in the AF FRAMES project, your chapter has clearly stated its commitment to pedagogical excellence.
- In order to complete the project, your instructors of French as Foreign Language have undergone a series of professional development workshops on the latest standards and techniques applying to their craft.
- The teaching staff team has laid the groundwork for continued reflection on best practices in setting objectives for the classroom, in teaching these objectives, and in assessing their results.
- Your school curricula and pedagogical materials are current with the latest publications. They have been carefully examined and improved, when needed, according to commonly recognized standards which are understood and supported throughout the world in over 40 languages.
- Clear learning objectives, as defined by a widely understood “global scale”
- Better preparation of certifications and diplomas, as most are now CEFR compliant
- Standardized evaluation
- Better understanding of your needs; better communication and “portability” of your achievements
- Overall, the guarantee that you have enrolled in a school which dedicates a great deal of resources and time to improving and controlling the quality of its teaching.
- e-TEF Canada
- e-TEFaQ (Québec)
- e-TEF NAT
- Over 400 magazines, 1,000 books, 200 comics, 300 videos and 370 learning materials.
- 27/7 access to our French eLibarary
- Free W-Fi
Become a Member
Membership benefits include:
- Enrollment access to all French classes
- Unlimited access to the AFSD Library and to Culturethèque your French e-Library
- Access to the AFSD monthly book club
- Reduced or free admission to all cultural and social events organized or sponsored by the AFSD.
- Connection to the Francophone and Francophile communities through our monthly e-newsletter.
- Discount on certification exams registration fees
- Special discounts from selected local sponsors and partners.
Alliance Française de San Diego is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Your membership dues are tax-deductible.
Be sure to check with your tax advisor.
Thank you for your support.